Browned Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip and Nutella Cookies
There is nothing quite like a giant, gooey cookie to fulfill a sweet tooth. Typically, I am more likely to grab a box of Cheez-it crackers than I am to reach for the sweets. However, when the sweet tooth calls, these brown butter pecan chocolate chip cookies with decadent Nutella are definitely the answer! The nutty browned butter and salty pecans add the perfect balance to this sweet treat! Homemade cookies offer so much more flavor and are surprisingly easy to make (and enjoy)!
1 cup unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt the butter over medium-low heat. As it begins to foam, move the pan back and forth. When the butter reaches an amber color, remove from heat and place in a bowl to stop the cooking process.
3. Place the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Whisk together.
4. Place both sugars, vanilla and the browned butter the mixer. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until combined well.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the mixture is lighter and fluffy.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix on low speed to combine. Make sure to scrape the bowl and mix any excess flour into the dough.
7. Add the chocolate chips and pecans. Stir together by hand until evenly combined throughout the dough.
8. Place small dollops of Nutella into the dough. Lightly mix into the dough until there are swirls of Nutella.
9. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. This allows the dough to set.
10. Note: I made large cookies (about 4 tablespoons of dough per cookie). However, you can use a small cookie scoop to make standard size cookies.
11. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove the cookies and allow them to cool.